I’ve been tagged by Bron for the puku’s very first meme; the 7 Things About Me meme.
here’s the deal with the meme ‘rules’:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Usually I would ponder over the 7 things to reveal and dither around for an age, and maybe never do it, but since I am currently in Townsville (for uni) and therefore not really doing much blogworthy cooking or eating (packed lunches and quick dinners), and since Tom has started food blogging both of our food creations over at tomandzoe.com, well, I’m a bit short of other things to blog.
so here are 7 truly random things about me, with minimal editing (I’m sitting at a cafe, purportedly preparing uni assignments):
1. I quit my 16oz+ (yeah, I don’t know why, in our metric country, we buy coffee by the oz) a day coffee habit last year. I went from being pretty reliant on my large morning soy flat white to get through the day, to being quite fine for days sans caffeine. I’m now a recreational coffee taker, and enjoying it more and feeling less skattery.
2. I like taking photos of my feet, and have pics from age ~12 to present. I do not have them in an album. maybe I should start a feet photo blog? no?
3. I was born in Gisborne, NZ, the first city in the world to see the sun each morning.
4. I hate rubber foam. especially dusty foam. it’s so gross, but also so random.
5. I cut my own hair, and have been on and off for about 10 years. I’m colouring it myself at the moment too, b/c I can’t justify paying someone else to do it when I know how.
6. I go through obsessive cooking phases, and have in the past been into making muffins, bread, noodles, hainanese chicken rice, sweet potato wedges, burritos (oh, etc etc ad infinitum) where I cook and eat very little else. everyone does this, right?
7. I pretty much live in black drawstring pants (Tree of Life ones are great), and sometimes have to really force myself to wear them with something other than a black or white top and thongs (JANDALS). when I packed for this trip to Townsville I bought 2pr black drawstring pants, 3pr thongs/jandals (different colours) and a selection of tops in black or white + 2 coloured tops, and a black cardigan and some sarongs (good as scarves in the air-con). but I wear very colourful underwear!
thats it. 7 (random) things. I am a bit reluctant to tag anyone, b/c I am a bit shy and I know others have probably done this one already, but I will try a few names and see how we go.. no pressure!
1. Aria @ Melonfish (formerly Passionate Nonchalance)
2. Gattina @ Kitchen Unplugged (I checked, she’s only done the 4,3 & 5 things memes! this one is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!)
3. Raging Yogurt (such a great name)
4. Sophie, who is Mostly Eating
5. Steph @ BackInSkinnyJeans
6. the lovely Umami
7. Stephanie @ Cumin & Coriander